Our little family of three (or four... depending on how you look at it) had every intention of traveling to South Carolina this weekend to spend Friday night with Nana and Pop and then go to the Clemson/Wake game with Granddaddy, Grammie and Aunt Jess on Saturday. But alas, our little Betsy-bug had an unusually rough spat with an ear infection last week, and we decided it would be best not to push for a big trip on top of that.
Being the ambitious woman that I am, I still wanted to make the most of our weekend, and pushed for a Saturday day trip to the Georgia National Fair in Perry or the Rock Ranch in Forsyth. The "Perry Fair," as folks around here call it, is said to be "the fair of all fairs," and Jason took a group of our students to the Rock Ranch on Halloween last year, and they loved it. It was a win-win situation, with cool fall weather in the forecast, and only a 20% chance of precipitation anywhere in sight. Unfortunately, that 20% became 100% by 11am yesterday, and the "cool" fall weather I was expecting became a bit too cool for our recently ear-infected daughter. So neither the fair nor the Rock Ranch were any longer in the picture.
Typically when my plans fall through, I'm bummed. Even cranky. But yesterday there was just no way that I could pout. From the moment I opened my eyes yesterday morning to the time my head hit the pillow last night, I was undeniably in the best place I could be because I was with my favorite two people on the planet. Sappy? Sure. Truthful? 100%.
Somehow it almost never fails that when I have the opportunity to spend every waking moment with my husband and our daughter, and we have absolutely nothing to do other than be together and enjoy each other, we do just that. And it's absolutely perfect. We went grocery shopping and ate BBQ for lunch, came home and let Betsy nap, then played until dinner time, ate leftovers, and played some more until bath and bed time. Yet somehow the ordinary seemed so extraordinary for me yesterday, and I just couldn't resist sharing how completely blessed I am to share life with these wonderful people. I don't deserve them, that's for sure! Happy weekend! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment